Dear Family and Friends, Dec. 20, 2010
I miss the snow, fire places, Christmas sweaters, breathing in cold, breathing out clouds, flying down hills on snow, hot chocolate burning my esophagus, scraping ice off the walkways until my arms are sore, wrapping towels around my head and stealing perfume out of moms bathroom pretending its frankincense, listening to Barbara Streisand while baking cookies in the kitchen, bare trees, that feeling you can't quite describe when your surrounded by family and smiles, trying to decorate the tree the way mom wants it, wrapping gifts, borrowing fingers, and stealing cookie dough that is cooling out in the garage.
We're having plenty of fun celebrating out here. My companion's name is Elder Parker, He's from West Point Utah (up by Ogden). He and I are really getting into the Christmas spirit. We have two Christmas trees in our pad. We have been caroling instead of tracting and this Wednesday we are hosting a stake Christmas musical fireside, featuring musicians from all over the island.
Rob, I received an email from Mike Brett today he said he was sad he never got to see you, they spent more time in Sydney than they thought they would. Did he ever call you? He sent some pictures though. No, Rob we don't have tracing logs here, is that like we did in Boston? I did hear from Wendy a while ago because I wrote her. She isn't planning on going on a mission any more, she sounds like she's doing pretty good. She better be there for my home coming(if your reading this Wendy). I haven't heard anything from elder Selk but there is an RM in another ward here on Kauai who was his comp.'s, I need to talk to him. I guess Lincoln told him to come find me when he got home.
"thats goin' in my journal" is from the district 2 video. I don't know if you watch that movie very much. Our Mission President is loaded so he bought a portable dvd player for every pad in the mission and told us to watch "the District" training dvds while we eat breakfast and lunch and after we plan at night so I can quote just about the whole movie and I use the quotes when I teach and talk to people.
Mom, thanks for the gifts, thanks for running all over trying to get that straightened out, that was a miracle! I heard the Provo Tab burned down! NO!!!!!! more sitting on the top at stake conference, no more singing on that stand mom and dad, no more sneaking through the secret passage ways and getting in the attic, no more plays, firesides, concerts, etc. did the travel lodge burn down too? Hopefully they build something even better there.(Provo temple #2).
I totally forgot Travis is home already! Tell him I say hi. We helped a Samoan member quit smoking over the past couple of weeks, he is married to a Tongan lady in our ward. He's totally done now and yesterday was his B-day, we made a card for him and went over to wish him happy B-day and congratulations, it was amazing to see the change in their countenance. Living the W.O.W. really does change people. We were so happy that they were happy.
We had two lessons yesterday and invited like 10 people to be baptized, only 2 said yes but that's still pretty good. They still need permission from their dad who's a non member, their date is for Jan. 8th.
I love you all and hope you have a Merry Christmas! Remember Baby Jesus, he is the Joy, to the world.
Love,
Elder Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment