Dear Family and Friends.
I hope you all enjoy your Thanks Giving Holidays this week while I suffer cruel and unusual heat in Rockhampton.
Fiona and Junior, if you are reading this, thanks for the letter.
Dad, I’m sorry to hear that you lost the huge email you had for us. I know how that feels. Thanks for still writing.
I want you to know that I am settling in here in Rocky and we are beginning to find people to teach. We didn’t really have much going for us when we got here. But we are starting to form better relationships with the branch than previous missionaries, and they are helping us out.
We have four investigators but none of them are really progressing. Two of them are 18 year old blokes dating young women in our ward. I think the girl's moms are just making their daughters boy friends take the missionary lessons. haha.
We have lots of potentials to visit and a huge area. We have a full time car - 07 Camry. We do have an air conditioner in the flat. Things are good. Today for Pday after we go grocery shopping we are probably just going to write letters. It’s too hot to go anywhere else. And I might cut my hair as well today.
What are all of you guys up to? Fill me in! My new Companion Elder Paki has been out almost 4 months and he is from Sydney. He is a good hard working bloke. He is helping me catch on to all the hard out Aussie expressions they use up here. We enjoy talking about the Detroit Pistons, as they are his favorite sports team for some reason. He knows more about the Pistons than I do.
What happened to our Mailbox?!? Any ideas on who would've done it? I will smite them. haha. Why would someone hit our mail box?
Sounds like your home improvement projects are going well Dad. I’m glad you're keeping busy with what you're best at. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Is everyone getting together or is everyone just doing there own thing this year?
Mom, I'm excited for this 3 way call we are doing for Christmas. That would be awesome if you guys could figure out how to call both of us and set it up at the same time.
Its good to hear we won, and that Unga broke Brown's record. That’s a big mile stone! Tell Harvey to quit getting injured. Harvey will be graduated by the time I get home, eh? Hopefully he'll get drafted into the NFL so I can still watch him smash people when I get home.
Dad did you look up that Israel Falow guy that I told you about that plays for the Brisbane Broncos in the NRL? He is the man. We got to shake his hand at General conference when I was down in Brisbane.
Cheer Hard for me when we play Utah. The Wallaces, the senior couple missionaries in our branch from Utah are Utah fans. So I'll have to give him a stick when BYU beats them.
There are a couple of people from America in our Branch. I already asked them and they said they aren’t doing anything for Thanksgiving. I was a bit disappointed. I will most definitely do something special on Thanksgiving. I LOVE AMERICA all day, every day, all the time!
Well it sounds like everyone is doing well. I am alright so you don’t have to worry about me. Does any one have any questions for me? I know I ask a lot of questions in my emails. Are there any questions I can answer for you? Anything you ever wanted to ask a missionary?
Ok, well I love and miss all of you. Have a great week.
If ye love me... Keep my commandments.
Hey Matt. I love you Bro. have a good one. I’m still working on your package, sorry it is taking so long.
Love you, Elder Prina. AKA ROB
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment