Monday, November 2, 2009

Rob

11-1-09 FAMILY, ISN’T IT ABOUT TIME?

Hello all the people back home?
This is Elder Prina. Today is Monday the frist of November 2009 at 10:50 A.M. - Pday! It’s some ones birthday today isn’t it... is it David Maxwell Jensen’s Birthday? Happy Birthday! I am at the Marsen Library in the Waterford. I've been here since the end of May... almost a quarter of my mission. I love it here. Transfers are a week from tomorrow on Tuesday the 10th of November. I think I will probably go, seeing that I have been here for some time now, and I feel like I have accomplished what God sent me here to do.
Today for pday I think we are going shopping, grabbing something quick for lunch at the flat, and then going to a park in Karawatha for zone barbeque where I will probably write some letters and play some touch and gridiron, and maybe some dunk ball, because there are some short hoops there.
Thanks for the emails and letters and gifts everybody. Matt your package was the best. It made my month. The stuff that you're up to, meeting Famous Amos, baptizing the nations, just to name a few. You inspire me to be a better missionary. Thanks Bro. Happy Birthday. I should have a Package in the mail for you in about a week. So you will have some late Birthday gifts and wishes from me. Oh and thanks so much for the Tongan badge! That’s sweet. Apparently I’m not technically allowed to wear it proselyting.
It was hilarious to hear Nick (Elder) Houston's Voice.
Mom, thanks for the Program from Lincoln's farewell Sunday and the wedding invitation for Josh Ramsay! That was sweet, they look happy.
Thanks to all the kids and family who wrote me notes and drew me pictures during the family reunion at Strawberry Reservoir. I love and miss all of my nieces and nephews HEAPS! Give them squeezes for me.

Mom and everyone thanks for the flash drive with the photos on it! I loved the video of Kyler and the glove full of water! John you're the cake master. Its good to hear that you have prayerfully decided to go into art not doctor type stuff! You could make money doing anything art wise. You're a genius!
Matt have you seen Jess Peterson's friend Josie over there yet? Have you seen Dev Boshard yet? What Island is Transfer meeting on, or is there several? Matt did I already send you my farewell talk or did I forget?
Ange, thank you so much for the check! I don’t really know what to do with it!?! I don’t have a bank account out here. Mom if I sent it home to you could you deposit the check into my debit card account. What do you think is the best thing to do with it?! Thank you everyone for the sweet birthday stuff! I have already opened a lot of it because I couldn’t wait!! It was good to see so many pictures of you on the flash drive!
Mom thanks for getting me addresses I need! You guys are the best at supporting missionaries! Sister Arthur told me in church yesterday that she was doing a search for the ABM (Australia Brisbane Mission) on google or some search engine the other day because her husband went to the same Mission. And she found Matt’s & mine blog! Can just anyone see it? I thought that was a little weird.
Mom you said that at Strawberry Resevoir that you guys had a "marshmallow shooters fight" in the camper. Just wondering what that was. haha.
Mom how come Lincoln only got to talk for his mom for 3 minutes at the air port? Have you heard any news about how he is doing on his mission?
That’s crazy that Omniture got bought out by Adobe!! Is Josh just going to retire now and have more money then he knows how to roll around in? haha. Tell him to remember his teacher’s quorum and all that we have done, hahaha.
How does John like his new job? Sounds like he is in a pretty good situation and he’s keeping busy.
I can’t believe Kyler can talk in complete sentences, he better be at home for Christmas so I can chat with him on the phone! Oh and Matt and I are going to try again to set up a 3 way for that! I love that he remembers me! I miss him so much. Mom thanks for the advice in your letters it helps. I’m glad you guys care enough about us to give us your best advice.
That is so cool that Sierra is the cub master and john is the Scout Master, that’s a dynamic duo. John and Sierra I’m psyched to see your Halloween costumes, they are always amazing! Hit me up with pictures some time.
Pete I haven’t been attacked by any wild rabid wombats yet.. I'll keep an eye out though. Thanks for the words and prayers.
Max thanks for your sweet drawing.
Blake Jr. it sounds like you're the best (in nachos accent) at football, basketball and everything you do, keep it up. I'll have to teach you how to play rugby when I get home so you can smash me.
How did Halloween go? No one really celebrates it in Australia so it was lame! We only got two trick or treaters - 2 -13 year old boys in the ward - and neither of them were even dressed up. We were all disappointed. Did all my nieces and nephews have a fun sugary Halloween?? I want to hear what everyone dressed up as!
That’s too bad that BYU lost bad to TCU. Keep cheering for me loud all you Prina’s back home.
Well, I’m just about out of time and I haven’t even read all of your emails yet, just moms. So I'll hit you back about those ones next week.
Matt be expecting a Birthday package from me soon with a tape and a flash drive full of pictures and videos! Your tapes were the bombskies.
This week we had 2 new investigators. We met Fiona’s Cousin Karina at Fiona and Juniors wedding. Now Karina and her Partner Vinni (both Maoris) have had the first 2 lessons and know what the spirit is and have expressed to us what it feels like. Vinni: "Woah wait, I just had a weird feeling while we watched that (the resto. DVD)
We have told them to continue to look for that good feeling. It’s something that none of us can quite explain, but once you feel it you want more. Fiona told them that it felt like being stoned. Apparently they all know what that is like. They describe it as a spiritual high. Feeling the Holy Ghost is truly the best feeling and I feel it all the time as I have spiritual experiences here on my mission. I know that the Holy Ghost is real and that we can have it with us at all times. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet just like Moses was. I know that God loves us and that’s about all that matters. As Nephi states: I know not the meaning of all things, never the less I know that God loveth his children. (Paraphrased). I know he loves all of you and no matter what point you are in your life. You can still make it to the top. and that’s what the atonement means to me. What does the atonement mean to you? Hit me back about that. Those of you who have sent letters, I will try to write back or email you back eventually.
I love you all, God be with you.
Love ya mate,
Elder Prina AKA ROB

No comments:

Post a Comment