Aloha ,
The breeze of summer palm trees are in bloom, another sunny day is coming soon. The waves come sultry sailing in, though tempting, there is no chance of getting in. With a burst of sun above the clouds, I sit beneath the tree of mango's boughs. A familiar sight the rainbow in the sky, the weather never changes here "that is why". Like a heaven filled with cookies but no milk, the sword of summer swings by Satan's hilt. But without a shadow of a doubt, a tempting tan will not be brought about!---
Thanks for the poem dad, thought I'd share a sonnet myself. I remember when you always used to say that poem with such emotion and facial expression, it made me laugh just reading it. Weren't you in college when you wrote that? How did you know all those hard words?
Everything is Great here in Hawaii. We were hurting for a while as far as people to teach but the lord heard our prayers and we got a referral for a family on base. We went to see if they would except a message and not only did they invite us to come teach them but they asked what we liked to eat. So I will report back on that after we teach them.
I'm trying to improve my prayers, sometimes when we get home at night, by the time we are done planning I just want to crash on my bed and mumble a few meaningless words for a prayer. God deserves the highest respect. In the Tongan language there are different words for when you are talking to a King or a noble. When praying you only use the words that denote the highest respect. I try now to talk to God as if we were face to face and he was accounting with me similar to the interviews we have with our mission president. I did show a lot of gratitude after we got our new family to teach.
Just a few things: The camera you sent me doesn't work(I know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth but I'm tired of disposables).
There are now five former T-birds (From Timpview High)serving in the HHM. Three are in my zone (Elder Idos[Nario], Sister Bailey[Josie], and me... ).
Rob, I didn't know your MTC comp was in your district, that's tight. Rob, that was my style that was like Kweli's not Pres. Uchtdorf's! I am flattered that you thought my words were president Uchtdorf's though. Valerie, Happy Birthday Tomorrow! (Rob, my new wml's wife is from Australia. She showed me one of her cane toad purses, I want one!!)
My time has run short here at the public library. You are always in my prayers.
Ofa Atu,
Elder Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment