Happy Birthday to Matt Freeze and to Aunty Kay, and to Nathan Ramsay on the third! Let them know that i wish them a very special, Happy Birthday!
Thanks family for the prezzys and sacred funds! They were all graciously welcomed! And Thanks Stobbes for the Rubiks cube and American Lollys! Elder Christensen is teaching me how to solve the cube and i am getting it line upon line precept upon precept.
G'day family and friends, How ya goin'?
Thanks for the emails Mum, and Matt. Dad i've been missing your emails for the past few weeks, i know you are very busy, but i do really enjoy hearing from you each week. Yesterday (the 7th) I did have a surprise visit in the morning from one of the recent converts in our zone this older lady named Debbie. We saw her working at Coles (a grocery store) during the week and i mentioned that it was my birthday on Sunday; so yesterday morning she stops by at 9 and has a whole bag full of prezzys and a cake for me for my birthday. It made my day! She is the nicest lady. I must have made a good impression on her.
All of the people who usually give us a ride to church on Sunday (our chapel is in new south wales) were not going to church, so we were desperately looking for a ride in the morning. I felt prompted to ride our bikes over to a less active guys house who hasn't been to church in a year or two. He actually served in this mission a few years ago. He is from New Zealand. He came to the Gold Coast after his mission and went less active. We went there and him and his brother who had just come over from NZ were there. His little brother said that he is here to work and save up money for his mission. We asked if we could catch a ride to church with them and they said yes! Everyone was surprised at church to see us walk up with them. It was inspired! We actually had a lot of less actives and a few nonmembers at church on Sunday. We had one of the missionaries from the Mudgee Ward return from his mission in Melbourne. He didn't speak just yet, but he was awarded his plaque and said a few words. One of the less active girls that we've been teaching came to church as well. The Pagel family hasn't been to church in the past 2 weeks and they are not progressing. I fear we might lose them.
But the Lord has been answering our prayers and i have been getting better at recognizing answers to prayers and giving thanks for them (like you Matt).
Matt congratulations on the Baptism of Kelly Machado, and getting her family back to church. That is sweet that you got to confirm her!
What do the words in your "subject" section of your email mean? Since i can't ask the Stobbes.
Our goal for the last 6 months of the year is 240 baptisms for the mission! The goal for the year is double that - 480. I wish we were contributing more to that, but our teaching pool is a bit dry at the moment. Keep praying for us!
Matt HAPPY FLAMIN' BIRTHDAY! How was your Birthday. I guess it still is your birthday over there, as i am writing this. Mine ended last night so i guess you are still catching up to me. Maybe in 16 hrs and 52 minutes you'll be as old as I am...HA
What did you do for your birthday? We didn't even have a dinner Apt. so E. Christensen just like made me a really nice sandwich.
Matt, that is hilarious that your investigator Brendan dressed up as a Missionary for Halloween! How is he progressing? Is he the one that just walked into church one day and wanted to come to class?
Matt, E. Naulu texted you? Elder Paki # 1 called me up the other night from Bundaberg just to make sure i was still here in Mudgeeraba before he sent me my Birthday package. It was good to talk to him after so long.
Matt, which Temple is Mike Bret & his wife coming to? How old is he again? and what does he look like? I'm really looking forward to meeting him!
Mum, thanks for researching the Mission Cards! The one with the Aussie flag will be alright. Just put my home email addy on there - Robprinam2@hotmail.com that would be GREAT!
Tell the Riley's Congratulations on their call to the San Diego California mission! I hear that is a beautiful part of the world! I have always wanted to go there! Tell Bishop Riley he was a great Bishop and he had a really good influence on me. Tell Sister Riley that I miss looking for her in the Mormon TAB choir! They will make great senior couple missionaries. The world needs many more senior couple missionaries! Their service is invaluable! I miss Elder and Sister Wallace the senior couple up in Rockhampton. They have finished their mission and are back in Layton, Utah now.
Send my regards to Sister Englund! I loved Brother Englund heaps! I always looked forward to shaking his hand and receiving a warm smile when i walked into church. He will be greatly missed.
I love you all and missed you heaps on my Birthday. Today we are going to make some t-shirts and one is in the works for your birthday present Matt. Hope everyone is having a great day and is praying and looking for missionary experiences. Trust me you want to feel the joy that comes from doing missionary work!
Love,
Elder R.A.Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment