Nov 15 2010
How is everybody? I didn't get an email from Rob, Mom, or Dad this week. Is everyone okay? Did the rest of the world explode except for Hawaii and we're just oblivious because we're living in the middle of the ocean and the liberal news isn't covering it because they say it will make gas prices go up so they are just filming fake news in a giant studio somewhere to make it look like the rest of the world is still there when really everything else has been blown to smithereens!??????
"Yeah, maybe that..." (in nacho's accent)
Well, if your still alive or watching from the spirit world I guess you will get this email one way or another. I just wanted all of you to know that I am doing great and I love being a missionary more and more everyday. In the last few months I've become more focused than ever before, all I think about is our investigators and how we are going to reach our goals. Obedience has become a quest rather than a burden. We are starting to be blessed more and more. We had 5 investigators come to church yesterday, that was awesome, we couldn't even keep track of all of them, after sacrament your trying to fight your way through all the crowds of people and get two kids to primary 2 girls to young women and another guy to Sunday school while every single tourist family is trying to ask you "where you from elder?" "Provo, eh? My cousin's from Provo, do you know a Todd Smith?" You have to just stiff arm them and be like "look my investigators are getting away and your garments will be spotted with their blood at the last day if they don't get baptized."
Our investigator Brendan came to church. He is progressing really well. He comes to the EQ activities every week (b-ball). We watched "the Mountain of the lord" with him this week, it answered a lot of his questions about the temple. He was bummed because he doesn't get to go to the broadcast of the re- dedication of the Laie temple, he overcame his concerns and we got him even more pumped to go inside someday. I am excited to watch the rededication. There will be no church services on the 21st, just three sessions of the Laie Temple Re dedication. I know as the Prophet comes to these islands and as a temple is reopened that the Lord will pour out his blessings even more abundantly on these islands and that we will be able to accomplish our goal of 1000 baptisms in the year of 2010. Right now we are only in the low 800's but the goal is still very much in reach, we just need to have faith that it is the lord's goal too and he is going to help us accomplish it.
On a lighter note I've had some funny proselyting experiences lately. Last week I went on an exchange with a younger elder named Elder Shmeerse. He's only been out 4.5 months and he was born in Laie. Because everyone's a member in Laie he hardly did any tracting so I taught him how to do a "windows to heaven". You block out a "window" of an hour our half in your planner and basically covenant with the lord that you will be knocking on doors on a certain street at that time. Then you ask him to help you find someone to teach during that time. So we go out and start knocking and no one's home, or they're people who are on vacation here so they're super rude. Then we get to this one house with a big front yard and we start to walk to the front door. When we get a little bit closer we see a dog sitting on the front porch, I didn't think it looked like a mean dog so I kept walking but it stared straight at us and his tail went straight up. I knew that meant bad stuff so we started to turn around. As soon as we turned the dog started to charge and I went right and E. Shmeerse went left. The dog went after him, I watched him run as the dog jumped up and bit him in the rear. Then the dog started my way so I booked it to the street as fast as I could. We met out on the street and I asked if he was OK. He said the dog didn't get him, "what are you talking about?" I said, "I watched it jump up and bite you!" Then he turned around and pulled a Book of Mormon out of his back left pocket. The dog had ripped two small holes in his pants but it didn't even scratch the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon literally saved his butt. I bear my testimony that it can do the same for you.
Love,
Elder Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment