Aloha Everyone,
I'm still pressing forward here in Kauai and loving every minute of it. We had 2 baptisms on Saturday I'll have to send you the pictures next week. Chathan Idica-Butac (10) and Sola Fahina (21). It was a great Baptism, I gave a talk about Baptism and Covenants, Elder Parker "suffered them", and then our ward mission leader gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I got to do the confirmations the next day in Sacrament meeting. Right now we are just trying to focus on helping them to make friends and build their Testimonies so they'll stay active.
I'm looking forward to being able to have more contact with my converts when I get home. I just want to call them every Sunday morning and make sure they go to church.
I was glad to hear we beat SDSU I wish I could've been there with you guys! I was bummed about the Lobos game:(.
Thanks for the package Sierra, I got it last Wednesday but I haven't even had time to open it until this morning. Those were really good pictures, Did you guys do a Utah Temple excursion or something?
Dad thanks for the update on the world, I won't dwell on it but it's good to know. I am definitely going to ponder and pray about my schooling. Of course I've always wanted to get into Graphic Design or Industrial Design, but I'll have to think about what's going to get me a good Job. A wise Tongan Man once told me almost two years ago, "If you don't have a major, major in business, if you do have a major, minor in business, that way you always have something to fall back on".
I've thought a little bit about where I should work when I get home (so I can pay for school). The thought came to mind that instead of taking a few weeks to find a job, I could probably start working for Coldstone the day I get home and just do that until I find a better job. That way I can at least be making a little money rather than NO money until I get a better job. Or did you want me to work for you when I get home. You've started a good business and I think Rob and I could Make a valuable contribution to it if we really put some effort into it and add a little of our creativity and charisma. An old Japanese guy in Pearl City once told me that he knew a guy who started a cleaning company years ago and now he's a millionaire. He said he carries a toilet around in his truck and does seminars showing people how to clean a toilet. Just let me know what YOU think would be good for me, those are just my ideas.
I was just thinking today how much I miss my sisters! When you think about it I have some of the coolest sisters in the whole world, and there's four of them!!! I can't wait to see you.
Lisa tell Tucker Happy Birthday for me!
Mom, I did not get my shoes yet but I'm looking forward to them. I sent you a package today with some of those chocolates in it, I hope that's the kind you wanted. The Elder's name in Ogden is Pauli Ta'amale I don't know if he's left Hawaii yet.
Rob, I got your package with the T-shirt but I haven't gotten another "envelope" yet. I want to go to Australia with you someday!
Love
Elder Prina
God our strength will be pressed forward ever called to serve our king!
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment