Good morning brothers and sisters and ALOHA!
It's another beautiful day here in Pearl City Hawaii. The sun is glistening off the massive gray ships in the harbor, the air is warm, the wind is cool, the sound of cars going to work, the mind racing to remember all that needs to be done on this busy day, my mouth filled with the taste of L&L Hawaiian Barbecue... I heard there's an L&L in Provo is that true? I heard they were building an "In n' Out" too.
Thank you so much for the telephone call yesterday, it was definitely the high light of my week. I didn't know I was going to get to talk to all those people, It was great! Right after I hung up and walked into church one of the members asked me if I could speak on the influence my mother had on me. I talked about how when I was growing up I took things that Mom did for granted like pushing family scripture study, family prayer, family home evening, and most importantly family meals, "I have a testimony of family meals". I cried and I apparently I made some other people cry too. Oiaue! Tangi taimi kotoa pe! si'i!
We went to church twice yesterday since we're in PC1 and PC2 now. In the PC2 a guy gave a really good talk on "Mothers that know", based off the scripture about the stripling warriors mothers. It was tight. We had two investigators come to church yesterday. One was Gillie, in our new ward (PC2), we taught her for the first time last week. She is an orphan, originally from Hati, in her early 20s, who is dating one of the less active guys in our ward. She is one of the people that you know is going to get baptized after the first lesson. The spirit was really strong when we taught and she got a little emotional. She came to the Mormon helping hands service project the next day and then came to church the day after that and participated in the Gospel Principals class and everything. The other person who came is Phillip Bolo, he's a Filipino guy who is engaged to one of the less active girls from the PC1 ward. We have been teaching him since before I got here but he never came to church until this week. Last week we taught him the Ice cream sundae lesson and invited him to church. The Ice cream sundae lesson is when you blindfold your investigator and tell him you want him to make an ice cream sundae. you give him a taste of chocolate syrup and ask if you can put it on his sundae but Instead you put Tabasco sauce on it. Then you give him a taste of Carmel topping and ask him if he wants some of that but instead you put some mustard on it. Then you tell him your adding the nuts and the cherry on top but instead apply bacon bits and a big green olive. Then you bid him eat. When he repulses, you ask him whats wrong!? What did you put on your sundae!? you then have him remove the blind fold and talk about the analogy. The ice cream represents the sabbath. How good your sundae tastes depends on what you put on it or what you do on Sunday. Mustard and hot sauce can be compared to surfing, shopping, or just cruising with friends. Chocolate and carmel is reading your scriptures, going to church, writing in your journal and spending time with the family. They'll never forget that lesson for the rest of their lives. Then you make a good sundae, then, you stuff.
Rob, I'm so glad you finally got the package, I could have swore I took your pictures off the flash drive and put my pictures on... oh well. One of my recent converts from Kailua (Mike Brett, the younger one who talked on the tape I sent you) wrote me yesterday and said he and his wife would be vacationing to Australia in October. He said they plan to go to church there on a Sunday and he wants to find you. I'll get you more details later. To answer your question, yes I did get called as D.L. this last week and got to do my first Interview yesterday, It was tight.
Lisa, you asked what recipes to make when I get home, look up Spam Musubi on the internet, its just rice and spam wrapped in sea weed and its good. You should make some when I get home.
Well that is all for today, like Rob today will just be a cruising pday, time to relax. Oh I didn't talk about my new companion, he is tight and I feel like I'm serving with Rob or John, I'll tell you more next week.
Love,
Elder Prina.
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment