Monday, June 7, 2010




I say what we gonna do - you say whatcha wanna do - Lets Do Something! O K... What we gonna do?
Now don't start that again!
Good day ladies and gentlemen. Today is P day, Monday, the 7th of June. This day marks 7 months here in Rocky for me. And it also is the day I leave. I got the call last Friday from the A.P.s that I am getting transferred back down to Brisbane. Luckily my plane doesn't leave Rocky till 7:00 tonight so I get to spend one last P day here in Rocky. I spent yesterday saying goodbye to people after church. I've gotten really close to the members up here and it feels a bit like home. It is hard to leave but at the same time its time for a change. I've done what I can here in Rocky and I loved every minute of it. I'm looking forward to finding out tomorrow who my new companion will be and where exactly I will be serving. I will most likely never get to come back to Rockhampton while I'm on my mission. But I definitely plan to come back and visit after my mission. I'm gonna hold you to that tour guide offer Andrea and Blake. On Saturday we had a barbecue at Mt. Morgan with the Polizzi family, Elder and Sister Wallace, and a few other families in the branch to help fellowship our recent converts the Polizzi's and get them to know a few more people at church. It was on a dam so we went down to the water and I taught the little Polizzi girls how to skip rocks on the water. It was a day of mixed feelings for me. It is never the right time to say goodbye as they say. But I look forward with steadfastness and faith to a new adventure. Transfer Tuesdays is P day for the missionaries down in Brisbane. So tomorrow after transfer meeting I will get to have P day again!! yeah! So you might get another email from me tomorrow. I hope my new Library is free like this one!
Happy Birthday Andrew! Lisa thank you again so much for the Calender that you made for us for Christmas. It is so handy when it comes to remembering all these Kids Birthdays! Lisa don't some of your kids have Birthdays coming up as well.
Mum and Dad, when you talk about all these family gatherings you are having with everyone there it makes me miss the family a bit. Give everyone my love and thanks for their support. The praying and fasting helps.

Yesterday the young mens president who I am close with asked if we could come in for the last part of young mens since it was my last Sunday here. We caught the last part of his lesson on fasting. He was asking the boys 'true or false' questions and the last one he asked was "is fasting hard" I raised my hand for true, though I don't think that was the answer he was looking for. Fasting has always been really hard for me because I really love eating! But really, to me, I think that if it wasn't hard, then it wouldn't be a sacrifice. If it's not a sacrifice then what is the point of fasting? You have to sacrifice something. So that's how I argued my point. Dad, good on ya mate for fasting even when its hard, and even when others around you are stuffing their faces on Sat. night. You will be blessed for that. I have been fasting every Sunday for about the past 2-3 months for our investigators and yesterday dinner time came and went and I wasn't even thinking about food. But the Paia'auas, the Samoan family in our branch fed us when we went over to say goodbye to them. We sang a hymn with them in Samoan before we left with their big family of 11 kids and I felt the spirit very strong.
So Mum, please tell everyone not to send anything to my Rockhampton addys anymore. Just send it to:
ABM
P.O. BOX 348
Hamilton QLD, 4007
Australia

And send packages to the mission office itself:
ABM
7/146 Racecourse Rd.
Hamilton QLD, 4007
Australia

Mum, that is a miracle that you got that package that I was supposed to receive for Christmas. I was so sad that I never got that. Could you send that to the aforementioned address please?
Dad, I'm sorry that your letter got deleted. I hate it when that happens.
That is cool that Uncle Mark came up and stayed with you guys. Whats up with Wendy, she wrote me all the time for the 1st six months of my mission and then she disappeared.
Mum, thanks for forwarding Camille's Wedding invitation. Tell her I say congratulations. It was cool to see a picture of her. She's been on my long list of people I have to write to. I had mixed feelings about it when I saw it. I'm sure the Troutner kid is a great guy... ya.
ya, so anyway its good to hear you guys are keeping busy with the garden and your parents, and work, and the temple. I always pray that you guys won't get 'Old' while I'm away. I just want to be able to do all the same stuff with you that we used to do at home. So Dad, you better keep up the basketball and not hurt yourself, especially with those new Nike's you bought.
Thanks for Scoty's MTC addy. I love you all and pray for you.
Love, Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment