Everything is sai pe here in Pearl City,
I was sad to hear about grandma but from the sounds of it everyone is handling it very well. I wish I could be there for the funeral today.
Today I woke up early. Elder Naulu and I went and played basketball at the near by elementary school and about 6:00. Then I got home and did 43 push ups and 100 sit ups. Then I ate the biggest mango I've ever had for breakfast. Then I took a shower. Then I studied from the Book of Mormon. This morning I read about the "Mortal Combat" of Coriantumr and Shiz. It amazed me how everything Ether prophesied was fulfilled exactly. It also helped me to realize the penalty of procrastinating repentance. At the beginning of Chapter 14 Coriantumr is humbled and repents. But he repented too late to avoid the consequences of his actions. In result, he lived to witness the utter destruction of every man on the face of the earth (except Ether of course). I learned young not to procrastinate repentance, in Alma it says not to "excuse yourself in the least point". Oh yeah and too bad for the brother of Shared, he got his butt kicked (Scoty).
After I read I did a lot of Area Book work, I stumbled upon a page of former investigators that was hidden behind another page in one of the plastic sheet protectors, It was like finding one of those "hidden treasures" that it talks about in D&C 89. So we will go and visit them this week. Then I made some calls and set up some more appointments to insure that we hit 20 lessons for the week. That is what the brethren are asking of us and fortunately we were able to attain it last week. Unfortunately only 6 of the twenty were taught to investigators and the rest were taught to recent converts and less active members.
While studying my MTC study journal yesterday I received revelation that the reason why we aren't being successful here in Pearl City is because we are spending to much time with those who are not the "Elect" those who aren't really ready. I'm here to reap, so we are going to be dropping some eternal investigators this week and spend more time finding. Friday we are going to have a "Windows to heaven day" and start early and knock doors all day long. Elder Naulu is the first companion that I've been able to convince him to do this with me. Our members aren't feeding us with many referrals so we have to find new investigators some how!
I started making a stencil for one of the less active members of our ward, I'm going to help her paint one of the rooms in her house. She wants a Disney castle on the wall for her grand daughter so I'm gonna make a stencil and spray it on. Its coming really good so far. It's kind of time consuming. We got ready to go bowling (we told one of the less active people that we met this week that we would go bowling with them on p-day) but the family called and said that they called the alley and all the the lanes were full. So now I'm emailing and then we will go shopping so I can buy a new memory card and then we are playing ultimate Frisbee for a zone activity and then we have a lesson with an investigator tonight.
We are having a three on three basketball tournament this Saturday for a finding activity. All of the young men from our two wards are going to bring their friends and introduce them to us. I'll have to send you a copy of the flyer we made, it has the NBA logo on it except the guy is wearing a tie and it says "LDS" instead of "NBA".
I need a couple pairs of new garment bottoms. Could you send me the remainder of my ties from my closet, my selection is getting pretty bare. Also could you please send some more church CD's, MoTab, EFY, BYU men's choir, Classic piano music, what ever you can get your hands on, please, I'm gonna die if I have to listen to "choose something like a star" one more time!
Also, if Travis gets this somehow, I saw the article about the senior couple in your mission in the ensign! I thought that was pretty cool.
Rob, how do you make those little cards that look like a white shirt and tie?
I haven't gotten emails from Rob for two weeks! whats going on!!
I was glad to hear you had a good visit with the Pharis's, he called me and left a message about all the stuff they did with you guys and had a lot of good things to say about you. Their family helps us so much, they're the best! Isn't bro. Pharis's hilarious? Don't you think he looks and acts like Ray Miller??
Anyway, this is getting long. Send my love to Grandpa Rookhuyzen, tell Wendy and family I say hi.
Love,
Elder M.C.Prina

No comments:
Post a Comment