Good morning once again family and friends.
How ya goin? You'll have to put up with hearing from me twice this week(if you even check your email 2wice a week). I had a wonderful Pday in Rocky yesterday with Elder Pake (#2) and Elder Misbach (my Rocky replacement). I packed in the afternoon and said goodbye to a few families and people i was really close to. We had dinner at the Hoggs house and our investigator Kerrod was there. Elder and Sister Wallace and the Crane family came to see me off at the airport and i was starting to get butterflies in my stomach cause i was like "woah this is fo'real, im actually leaving". The butterflies pretty much stayed for the remainder of the day. It was so good to see the Cranes and the wall aces before i left. They're the best! It was sad to leave Rocky after getting so close to the people. It just feels like home. It was weird flying on a plane down to Brisbane. The plan was mostly empty. I didn't even have anyone sitting next to me. I left at 7:00 PM Monday night and arrived in Brisbane at 8:00 PM Monday night. Some missionaries that i knew in a area close to the airport came and picked me up and i stayed the night at their flat in Cleveland. Haha, i just realized that i am wearing my Cleveland Indians T-shirt right now that Andrea gave me as i am writing this. I went to transfer Meeting in Karawatha (down by Waterford where i used to serve before i went up to Rockhampton). It was kind of like Dejavu seeing all the old places i used to drive around like a year ago. I saw some of my old companions... Elder Hogg, Elder Hales, and Elder Finau. Some really good missionaries that i was cool with were leaving this week to go home. They were all very good influences on me and im glad i got to come back down to Brisbane to see them before i went home. It was good to talk to Elder Finau again.
Well... My new companion is Elder Thunot (pronounced 'too-No'). He's from Tahiti. Hes cool. He was actually serving in Redcliffe ward where i was trained (in Deception Bay). And guess what. That is where i was transferred! I'm back In Deception Bay! Well actually i live in the same flat. But Its a flat of 4 missionaries. Us two are in Redcliffe and the other two missionaries are in Deception bay. So i am in the same ward and flat that i was trained in; but a different area. So now its like Major Dejavu! I'm going back to all these old places that i havent seen in 14 months! It was so weird to go back into the flat that i was trained in! I didn't think i would ever come back! one of the other guys living with us in the Deception bay flat is a Trainee. So it will kind of be like me when i was trained here. I really miss Rockhampton already, but at the same time i think i had done all i could do there and I'm glad i came back down at this time. 7 months is an abnormally long time to be up there. Especially with Elder Paki the whole time! Haha.
Apparently we have a baptism coming up soon in this area i just got transferred to. And Sam Morgan the girl i baptized here a year ago is still active and going to church and that. So I'm stoked to be here and get to work again. Elder Thunot seems like a sweet guy. I'm glad i made it another transfer with a non-American companion! I think i get along with the islanders better anyway. Matt i love getting your emails and hearing about all the hard work you are doing. You are a good example to me.
Naw, Matt, i didn't know Grant Hill was playing for the suns. I knew he was still playing for some one though. Yes Matt, i did send a package to your Mission Address it should be getting there anytime now. Im in a bit of a mail drought as well. I haven't gotten anything in ages. Happy Birthday again Andrew! are you 7 or 8? You better be practicing your wrestling with dad or grandpa so that you are good enough to beat me when i get home!
Today i think we are going to go play touch footie with some other missionaries. Its so weird to see other missionaries again! up in Rocky we would only see 6 other missionaries, and we would only see them once every 6 weeks. This morning i saw like 100 missionaries at the Karawatha chapel. I was like afraid to get out of the car, like i was claustrophobic or something.
I know the Lord has a work for me to do back here in Redcliffe and i can't wait to get it moving. Hope all is going well still back home, as well as in Hawaii. keep up the good work. Cheers Mates.
Love Elder Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment