Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Years

Happy New Years!
Aloha everyone! It was so great to talk to you all on Christmas.
Is Lisa still on her vacation? That would be such a cool surprise present for the kids. Lisa I got your Christmas card thanks!

Mom and Dad I just sent you 2 flat rate boxes today, they should get there in 4 to 5 business days. Everything is going well out here. I just realized I only have like 7 weeks left on my mission so I plan on making the most of it. We had an investigator come to church yesterday (Natalia Bernades), she loved it! She stayed for all three hours! Turns out she already knew like half the members of our ward so she made friends quickly (small island). She will be baptized on Jan. 22.
New years in Hawaii is a big deal. Everyone does tons of fireworks! Infact they do so many that it makes a lot of smoke and its bad for peoples health so they are trying to get them banned. This year will be the last year that Oahu gets to do fireworks, so I'm sure it was extra crazy over there. All we had to do was walk outside our pad and there was a huge party going on in the cul du sac down the street. The entire cul du sac was full of fireworks. Each yard had a 20 ft tall pole sticking out over the street to which they connected a long string of firecrackers. I got a video at midnight on my camera it was like stadium of fire in our backyard. Some of the arials were exploding kind of low so the parts that shot down were like bouncing of the roof of the chuch still on fire. So yeah, we were aloud to stay up till midnight and then sleep in untill 8:00.

I know God knows us and helps us if we ask him. I know Jesus Christ gave his life for us because he loves us. I know the gospel makes people happy, I see it work every day. The plan of salvation gives us hope. The Book of Mormon brings us peace. A living Prophet gives us guidance. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. We're not perfect but if we try our best to follow the example of Jesus Christ we lay up treasure in heaven. Of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all,
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment