Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Matt

Dear everybody,
Thank you for your emails mom and dad I'm sorry to hear about Kyler but what would growing up be without falling off a few benches?
Is everyone getting excited for the holiday season???? I don't know why but I sure am.
Today I woke up, read my Book of Mormon, and cleaned the house. Then Elder Kau and I went to McDonalds for breakfast with one of our recent converts and he took us on this little hike. We didn't even get to the top because it turns out elder Kau is really slow, we were like waiting for him the whole time and finally just decided to turn around because it was taking him too long. Then we went and lifted weights at a little public gym, it was fun. I may be faster than them but they could both lift like 4 times as much as me.

I wanted to say happy birthday to Eric and Grandpa Rookhuyzen, congratulations on getting older.
Today I found out that one of the elders I served around in my last zone went home, I was really sad about that, I didn't even know him that well but I remember him telling me that I was his favorite missionary for some reason. It made me think back to the MTC. I don't know if I ever told you guys this but my MTC companion went home 10 days in. I guess I just didn't want you guys to worry. It was really sad but I lived through it because of my amazing district. I got put in a threesome after that and I haven't heard from Elder (nyk) Farrer since, despite my letters. I don't really have anything else to write (since nobody else wrote me... I know you guys are busy).
Mom and dad, can you send me some family pictures.
Oh, tell Uncle Robert I thought of him while reading the ensign (the article about the Dominican Republic temple). Last Thursday brought new meaning to the words "Cultural Hall" as our ward practiced their Tongan performance for their one year ward anniversary, it was way cool (drumming and singing and dancing and awesome). Also I got to eat sea urchins for the first time last week. Some guys in our ward went diving in the ocean and caught a bunch and then we cut them open and ate them. It tasted like a bloody lugy. Like when you have a bloody nose and you hauch a lugy and its all bloody and you swallow it... yeah, it tasted like that, I'm getting sick just thinking about it. Well on that note, love you, bye.
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment