Dear Everybody,
Thanks for the emails mom, I always love hearing about what’s up. This weekend I watched general conference at the stake center. It was awesome and made me trunky. President Eyring's amazing talk in the priesthood session; Jeffrey R. Holland's Ear grabbing talk; and i think it was Jensen (of the presidency of the 70)s false doctrine bashing talks were some of my favorites! They were all wonderful though. Our recent convert didn’t like sister Dibb's cause she was smiling the whole time she was telling a sad story.
We had some good missionary and member missionary talks as well. I love what Elder Perry said about turning the missionary program upside down like the Manti Temple's boat Roof. The members are the biggest part, where the real missionary work gets done. i can testify to that, 4 of the 5 baptisms I've been apart of, so far, have been from solid member referrals.
Dad what did you think about the black guy that spoke? I was just picturing you and mom watching it the whole time he was speaking... "Marilyn what did he say? what? What did he say? Is he speaking English?" haha.
It was so good to hear from our beloved Prophet and to be reminded that he appreciates our prayers. I loved general conference. Especially when a Tongan family, rolls out a huge lunch for us during the break between sessions. They looked like a full catering service. We are so spoiled by the Polynesians in our area. I’m wearing my new "All Blacks" Jersey right now (on pday) that i got from the Vakalahi family in our ward who has hook ups with the Adidas factory in New Zealand. They gave us a whole bag of Adidas stuff (jerseys, t-shirts, shorts, polo’s, and hats) that they didn’t use anymore. It felt like Christmas.
The other cool thing that happened after conference is that we got to shake the hand of the highest paid professional athlete in Australia. His name is Israel Falou. He plays for the Brisbane Broncos a huge national rugby league team. He is known through out all of Australia and his family is in our stake. You should check him out on the internet dad - you would like him. He is a good humble kid around 21. He is seen in professional sports magazines with headlines of the article reading "izzy falou – he’s with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – doesn’t party – doesn’t drink." A lot of people give him dirt for not being on a mission. He looks to the missionaries as heroes even as the highest paid athlete in Australia he looks up to us. He is serving a mission of being a good example to all around him. He didn’t have any alcohol at his "21st" Celebration which is like a Polynesian barmizfa type thing. Since there was no alcohol only one of his teammates showed up to his big party. He insisted to hold to his standards. He’s a good kid. Rugby is sweet.
In regards to what i would like for my birthday it is different than any other birthdays i've had. Specific things EFY cds, some office supplies: 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock, Aloe Vera, a 3 whole punch, a silver sharpie, a big sharpie yellow highlighter. John- a decent knife and a big fat permanent marker.
Matt have you sent my package yet? I miss you bro. I can’t believe how cold it is there. It’s soo hot and sunny here everyday. Did BYU end up beating UNLV?
My testimony has grown so much this General conference and my resolve to do better. Hope you all have found the things that you need to improve on and apply the principles we have been taught.
Mom thanks heaps for the corn bread recipe.
I love you all and appreciate your support and sometimes feel like I don’t deserve it.
Love Everybody, Elder R. Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment