Hello everyone,
We are getting a lot of new investigators here in Maui so that should mean lots of baptisms for February. There are 2 weeks left in the transfer but I think I will stay for at least one more with E. Unga. We had a fireside after church yesterday and all four of our recent converts spoke. First Iolani talked about how being baptized helped her change her life around and how she was able to repent. Then Kalisi talked about overcoming her fear of getting baptized by having faith. Then Nina spoke about the positive changes she has made in her life and how she hopes her husband will follow her example. Then Iolani's mom Iris talked about questioning gossip and finding out the truth through talking to the missionaries and how clean she felt when she got baptized. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had on my mission. Those 4 women are like the fruits of my labors since I've been here on Maui and seeing them get up and show their appreciation and talk about how their lives were saved... there is no better feeling than that. That's the reason I came on my mission.
If you guys have any tips on gaining weight let me know. I've been In Tongan wards For 10 months and I haven't gained a pound, I don't know whats wrong with me. I eat more than all of my companions.
It's so weird to think about the snow over there when its so beautiful here everyday. We went on a hike this morning to a big white cross on the mountain. On the way down I just imagined myself snowboarding... one more year. It gets down to like 65 here early in the morning, all the locals are freezing.
It was good to hear you guys were having your ward confrence, I remember those were always really good. I wish I could have been there, especially for the ward temple night. I miss the temple so much, the Laie one won't be finished until June and the only other one is on big island and I will probably never go there because there are no Tongan wards over there.
Tell Lizzy I say congratulations.
I'm sure you heard about Austin Collie going to the super bowl with the colts! His first year... so cool. Oh, speaking of people getting married, SCOTY, whats the deal with Camille is she married yet?
MOM, I really want to get that story from Mike, I ask you every week and you never say anything back, can you please ask him for that so I can cross it off my to do list.
DAD, thank you for your advice at not crusing at members homes. Thats something I am trying to teach my companion not to do right now. Because that is something that Elder Kau liked to do alot and I don't want him to do the same thing. Don't worry, that is something that I've learned not to do ever since the beggining of my mission.
Mom, no we did not hit 30 lessons last week, we slipped down to 19 but we will get there. We got 6 new investigators lastweek so we should have plenty of opportunities to teach this week.
When is Kristin comming to Hawaii and where? Are they comming to Maui??
I wanted to thank you guys for all of your support, it really means alot to me. I want all of you to know that this is the happiest time of my life. My testimony of this restored gospel is so strong and I want to help others to strengthen their testimonies and prepare for eternal life. Maui is so beautiful and I love every minute of it. It was so nice here this week it gave me this weird trunky sensation like I wanted to go play baseball or something because I could smell it in the air.
Mom, I will be sending you a package soon, I just want to fill up your tape before I send it. Rob, I have a letter ready for you I just need to go buy some stamps.
Scoty I just sent you a letter, so you should get it soon.
I could really use a letter from Eric, Mark and Kelsey.
Eric I'm just really curious to know if you served here in Maui. Does anyone even read these things any more??
Tau ma'u ofa 'i api wiki ko'eni.
Ofa Atu
Elder Prina
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment