Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rob Thank you everyone

How ya going mates?
It was lovely to get the chance to talk to some of you on Christmas. I thoroughly enjoyed that. It sounds like things are going well, and its nice and cold over there. We enjoyed the new year up here in Rockhampton. We had to be in the flat by 5:00 pm. But we had a barbecue and ate some ribs and snags (sausages) then we put up our Christmas lights on our deck and did some poppers and sparklers we bought to usher in the new year.

New Years day was a PDAY for us. We spent it doing service for members of our branch. In the morning we helped the Cranes move (they are the cool ones that had us over Christmas morning). And in the afternoon we went and helped Rod's wife (the American) out in Emu park (out on the coast). She works at an aged care home. We helped push 2 lovely old ladies around in their wheel chairs (Alice and Jean - both in their 90s) while they and Lisa went to every tenant in every room in this big place and wished them a happy new year and gave them some good luck new years lollys. They had some sparkly top hats on to add to the festivity. I really truly enjoyed their company and listening to all the old people.
Growing up I never liked old people; but I've really grown to love them on my mission. Once you give them a chance and listen to them, you find that they were once just normal people and they have great senses of humor! It was great to hear all of their experiences and stories. Many of them told us sad stories about how they had already lost their husbands. I was able to confidently tell them joyfully that they would see their husbands again. The message of Gods plan for us brings so much peace to our hearts. I Love it!

After that we drove the 5 minutes to the sea and sat and pondered for a while and took some good pictures. The ocean has always been a very spiritual place for me. A good place to think and contemplate life. I told Elder Paki it was a bit different for me than it was for him as I can probably count on my 2 hands the number of times I have seen the ocean in my life. He, being from Sydney, went to the beach all the time.
I want to say thanks to all my lovely sisters for the great packages, gifts, letters, and cards I received from all of you.
Lisa your sweet Calendar was especially cool! It will be a gift that lasts all year, thank you. I love getting pictures! All the kids are so beautiful. Lisa I loved the speed stick deodorant. The deodorant is weird over here! You cant get the good stick kind like that - its all spray or roller ball types. so cheers! That's my favorite kind! Your Christmas card was sweet, your pretty much pro. Do you professionally do scrap booking now? I haven't seen your hair short like that since the 90s. haha, I thought you were Delsa Frank for a sec. haha. But all of your gifts were lovely. Ta.

I just got cards and letters sent up from the office today from the Lerohls and Travis. From now on it would be easier if you just send it to my address at my Rockhampton Addy. I loved the letter and pictures from Travis in Madagascar! Sounds very fun over there.
Matt when are transfers for you? Did you get anything from Travis recently? Did you get the picture of him ripping all the guts out of that turkey for Thanksgiving? Thank you Brother and Sister Aldous for the Christmas card and note. We had some bad storms recently and rain must of got in the post box because the colors on your Christmas card were all smeared around so I could only see Tauni's face... but it looked good, so no worries. I loved hearing from you and Travis this week.
Mom and Dad I also got the new shoes in a package today! I'm breaking them in right now! I love 'em! They're so easy to get on and off! Tell Missionary mall thanks.

Thanks heaps for the pictures! I loved the family picture of the Ramsays! They have the best family pictures! Nathan's not in it... was he not back from his mission yet?
John i haven't got your package yet but it might be the one that is waiting for me at the post. I'll find out today - I'm excited.
So yea, Thank you everyone for all the stuff you sent. It made it a great Chrissy and New year! Hope you all enjoyed yours as well. Hopefully I can get something to all of you as well.
Mom that is cool that you got to see the "Zamboni" clean the ice at the skating rink. It must have been going fast to be a Zamboni haha. That's awesome that you saw Tom Hanks - my companion thought that was pretty neat. Did he look like he does in the movies? Is he old looking? Did he have long hair like in "The Davinci Code"? haha.
It sounds like the kids had a lot of fun. Tell Blake that I hope he feels better. Tell him to "Smile and be happy... to days breakfast is especially good."
Hope you guys had a great new year! What did you do? Audrey did you go to the New Years Eve dance?? Did you go to any Boy Girl Parties? haha. I officially give Audrey my permission to go to boy girl parties, because after we talked about that on the phone I remembered how it was when I was 14... it wasn't even that long ago.
Mom and dad did you stay up till midnight?

I would like you guys to ask the Priest Quorum in the 15th ward if they could write up some more goals/ new years resolutions for me again this year. I loved theirs from last year. I know that is one of the things John Freeze does with them each year. Is he still the priest quorum advisor?

It sounds like the young men are doing well. I'm so excited to hear that Chris Miller is getting his mission call soon! Good for you Chris! I knew you could do it! You're the man! You'll have to let me know where you are going when you get your call. And tell James M. that he had better be getting ready too!

I haven't got my package/envelope from the Stobbes yet... maybe its on its way.
Matt Give Elder Kau a big hug for me. He gotta be going through some hard times right now.
Matt I love your emails, they always help strengthen my testimony. Matt, I just found out today that we have a new Elder in our district from Oahu. We will be picking him up tonight because 12 Elders (our district) are coming to Rocky tonight because district/zone conference is tomorrow. It will be weird seeing president Richards and other missionaries for the first time since November 7th. anyway , i can't remember what his name is, but I'll find out so you can tell me if you know him. I think hes only been out 8 weeks. so maybe you saw him at the beginning of your mission.
Kristin I was so stoked to hear that you're having another baby. It was so weird! I was thinking about you a few days before I got that tape from mom and dad. I was thinking to my self... I wonder if Kristin is planning on having any more kids anytime soon, seeing as Sydney is a little toddler now. and then a few days later i got the tape and heard the big news! Congrats mate!
Matt good to hear that you got my package. I hope you enjoyed it! Have you listened to the tapes yet? I had a lot of fun making those. I'm also glad to hear that you got chex mix! lucky guy!
Sister Ramsay,I loved the email from Alex! He is Hilarious! How did he like Christmas in the MTC? I just got a family picture of you guys. I loved it.

I miss driving the truck in the snow so much. I haven't driven since I've been in Rocky, cause Elder Paki likes to drive... but I don't mind, I can read and eat and do other stuff in the car while he drives.
Mom I did get sunscreen, sunglasses and aloe vera; but I'm still keeping my eyes out for a good hat. I'm pretty picky with hats, I want to get a sweet outback one.
Tell Leslie I say congratulations on her mission call! I respect her so much for her decision to serve! That is sweet that Nauvoo is in her mission! I knew some sisters in the MTC who were going to Nauvoo. Is she going to be serving in Nauvoo? Or just around it?
Haha mom that is funny that you thought of me when you read that 'cause it says "heaps" I didn't even think of that!
I'm glad everything worked out well technically for the phone call, I had said a prayer that morning, and the night before that it would work. I really enjoyed talking to all of you. It was good to hear from you kids - be good for your parents! and your grandparents!!
Matt it was the coolest thing ever to get to talk to you. I didn't get to ask you about everything I wanted to - but we'll keep sending tapes!

Sunday we had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting about the restoration. I bore a strong testimony of the Restoration of that priesthood which Jesus gave to his apostles who in turn returned to the earth to give it to Joseph. I made copies of the talk this morning so I will try to send one home to you mom and dad.
I know that the church was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God Today.
We got to teach our new investigator Matt Pope (Popey) this Sunday. He likes the district president's 21 year old daughter Lisa and grew up his whole life across the street from them. He has been at church the past few weeks and is a real genuine guy. He will eventually be baptized. I hope its while I'm here. Well I am out of time. sorry this email is so long. It had to make up for not writing last week.
Happy new years to all. It has been a long December and there is reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last! - counting crows.
Love, ELDER PRINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment