Monday, January 18, 2010

Matt Sai pe

Malo e lelei hoku famili,
This will be a busy week, we taught 24 lessons last week and we will shoot for 30 this week. We already got one this morning and we have ten lined up between now and Tuesday night. Our ward mission leader Sifa (aka. Big Joe) Helps us a lot. Basically he sets up all of the appointments and we just show up and teach. Our ward clerk, Veuki Vatikani, knows Elder Unga's family very well, he is like a brother to Elder Unga's Dad. We are starting to go to his house a couple times a week to practice teaching in Tongan.

Yes Rob, Elder Greg Unga speaks fluent Tongan but when it comes to teaching and talking about religious stuff he's not very good because there is a lot of vocab you need to learn that you don't normally use when just talking to people.

I can't write for long because we need to get back to work but I want you guys to know that I love you and I still know the gospel is true. I felt the spirit so strong during the talks in church on Sunday and I remember feeling the same way sitting next to you back home. The guy that spoke in our ward talked about never forsaking the spiritual experiences we have had. Remember Remember (Helaman 5:12), (manatui manatui). The man was a convert, he talked about how his close cousin gave him a lot of grief about being baptized but my favorite part of his talk is when he said: The Missionaries didn't tell me to get baptized, my wife didn't tell me to get baptized, the bishop didn't tell me to get baptized, but it was the Holy Spirit that told me to get baptized, and that is why I did. I know I have had sooo many spiritual experiences in my life and it would be so "Laman and Lemuelistic" of me to deny them. So I will stand and say with Joseph Smith "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it"!
Mom, I will be sending you the pic.'s of my shoes today. Rob, you had an extra belt this whole time???! "Harry, we're in the Rockies". Or in "Rocky" in your case. Mom, a few years ago Mike Miller gave a talk in sacrament meeting where he shared a story about a boy who's blood helped make the vaccine to save the world. Can you PLEASE ask him is he has a copy of that and send it to Rob and I?

Happy Birthday to Sarah B. on Tuesday! What is she 4 now? Emily is so big and cute. I be like, oh my gosh, I don't believe!

Yes Mom and Rob, Elder Unga and I both remember Brady Wright, he was a popular kid in student government, kind of short but built. He played Football and was a yell leader for a while with Tyler Robison. He was blonde and I believe he drove a Jeep wrangler. I think he was in the 13th ward. Yeah, I remember playing basketball with him, he was pretty mean. (in Hawaii {and Australia} "mean" means "cool"). He was "mean as". Speaking of Tyler Robison, does anyone know where he's at? If not, can you do some research I miss him.
Rob, E. Kau is in Waipahu which is on the west side of Oahu (the part I've never been to) he served in that same ward for 4.5 months before he came to Maui so it was cool for him to go back even though everyone here really misses him. I actually talked to him this morning and he said he is sai pe. He said he got a letter from my friend Kelsey, I almost forgot I asked her to write him, so that is cool. Thank you Kelsey I think he really needed that. Now it would be nice if you could write me at least once!
Dad, Harvey will stay at BYU one more year! So he will get a first round draft pick next year if he doesn't get hurt. How are we doing basketball wise? Are you still playing in the mornings? Its gonna be so weird when we get back an play with you like mad flashbacks of Jordan Greer.
John, Where did you move, how is school? How is Eliah doing? What has Sierra been up to lately? When is Sheyene getting married?
Mark, Where are you?
Eric, Please write me about your mission in Hawaii if you get the time.
Bro. Dabczynski, thank you so much for the letter I have it hanging on my window in front of my desk. Your words inspire me to be a better missionary.
Chris Miller, congratulations on your call to Missouri, one of my old companions is from there!
Ok, I love you all and hope this finds you doing "well" (Kristin), ofa atu, see you later alligator, back up your files.
Elder M.C.Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment