Malo e lelei,
ko e ha na'a me'a fai ananai? (what have you been up to lately?). Every thing is going well here in Maui. Sorry I didn't write last week, I think It was my first miss on my whole mission. It was kind of hecktic because elder kau was getting transfered so he just wanted to cruise with members all day on p-day. It was pretty amazing, we drove around the whole other side of the island (the little blob), there were huge cliffs and amazing lookouts. So Elder Kau got transferred on Wednesday back to his old Tongan ward in Waipahu (on the east side of Oahu{the main island}).
I stayed here and President called and told me I would be training. Ever since I heard that "Elder Unga" also known here as "Hervey's little brother" got his mission call to Hawaii I told everyone that I would be his trainer. Well I was right, On Wednesday Dec. 30th I Picked up Elder Greg Victor Unga from the Maui airport. We didn't have time to go home and unpack. E. Kau and I got a new investigator just the day before and we had an appointment with her right after I picked up my new companion. So E. Unga and I drove straight to the lesson and taught Nina the Plan of Salvation. About halfway through the lesson our ward mission leader leaned over to me and whispered "which lesson do you give the baptismal invitation in?" I looked at him, gave him the Tongan eye brow lift-lift (same as nodding) and said "this one". Right there I committed her to be baptized after we talked about "this life is the time for men to perform their labors" and she will be baptized next Sunday after church. Elder Unga was pretty psyched about his first teaching experience but we weren't done yet. After that we went and taught the Plan of Salvation to another one of our investigators and committed her to come to church for the first time. It was time to go to sleep by the time we got home.
The next day I called Nina's fellow shipper (her aunt) to ask when would be a good time for our next visit. Kalisi answered the phone (I dont know If you guys remember but Kalisi is the girl that was supposed to be baptized in Dec. but never did, she is also related to Nina.) She asked me if Sifa (our ward mission leader) had talked to me, I said no. She said, "oh, well I decided to go throug with my baptism". Because Nina had made the decision to be baptized Kalisi found the Courage to do it as well. Both Kalisi and Nina were members of Siasi Tonga (the church of Tonga), and they knew their families would flip if they found out they were getting baptized, but with the support from each other and from their aunties who are members they were able to find the faith to go through with it. We witnessed a Miracle. Because Kalisi had already been to church enough times and had already been interviewed she was baptized on Sunday (yesterday) after church. The whole ward was there and there was a huge fafanga (feeding) after wards. She was baptized by her Uncle Paula who is in the Bishopric of the Palongi ward. After her Baptism she bore her testimony and asked "the missionaries" to keep coming over and teaching her because she wants to leave on her mission sometime next year. Nina is 24 and Kalisi is 21, they were both kicked out of their homes last week and Nina was kicked out by her husband. They are staying with their auntie right now, they are both happy and full of faith. We are teaching them again tonight. Please keep them in your prayers.
Thank you for the Emails, its good to hear we're getting plenty of snow there.
Its good to hear about BYU, Jimmer was my favorite player last year, I love him! That is so crazy! Who's record did he beat, Lee Cummard's? Please tell Jack Jensen I say Happy Birthday on Thursday!
Mom, did you ever get on facebook and see those pictures from my ward anniversary? Jodie Africa (the Palongi lady in our ward) called this morning and said she send you the picture of us, she knows E. Unga's family in Provo. Everyone knows the Ungas.
Rob, my zone leader wants me to ask you if you knew Elder Reader who is home now but used to serve in the Australia Brisbane Mission.
Sheyene, thanks for the letter, Pictures, and the CTR ring. The Picture of the Lunch bag was hilarious!
Scoty, I'm going to try to Write you today.
Mark, Where are you?
Sisters, I love you, your husbands, and your kids.
I'm going to try to make some new years resolutions today so I can Join "The Quest" for perfection. Make this new year a chance to change for the better.
May the Lord be with you.
Ofa Atu,
Elder Prina

No comments:
Post a Comment