Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Matt Elder Kua Father passed away.

Malo e lelei,
Last week was kind of crazy. Thursday morning my companion Elder Kau got a call from his sister informing him that his father had passed away the day before. I am fine, its just been a really difficult time for Elder Kau.

His Dad was only 56 years old and died of heart problems. There are 11 kids in Elder Kau's family, some who are still young. Elder Kau will stay in Hawaii and finnish next June like his father would have wanted him to. He is one of the most amazing people I know. The next day Elder Kau had the opportunity to baptize Iris Latu (her daughter is Iolani the one we baptized in November), it was a very emotional night.
Will everyone who reads this please keep Elder Kau and his family in your prayers. Dad, he got your letter a week or two ago and he loved it. He wouldn't stop bragging and telling everyone we talked to that he got a letter "from my companions family" and I didn't. He was so excited he read it out loud and put the card on his desk.
Last Thursday morning The Atonement of Jesus Christ and The Plan of Salvation and The Gospel of Jesus Christ that we teach people everyday became more real than ever before. I know that this is the true gospel and I have seen first hand the blessings that it brings into peoples lives. I know that Jesus Christ can bear all of our pains and deepest sorrows. I Know that we don't celebrate Christmas for his birth alone, for if it were not for the Atonement there would be no Christmas. Merry Christmas, I love all of you, especially you Mom and Dad.

Hope you can feel my love this Christmas, I can defiantly feel yours.
Mom-I get my mail the normal way(out of the mail box) no the zone leaders don't bring it. I have received all the packages and stuff thank you guys so much. I received the package from Stobbes this morning. Bro Stobbe, I had no Idea you lived in Kailua!!! That was my favorite area. Yes, we went to the old building and every fast Sunday Sis. Gonzales (the oldest lady I've ever seen) would get up and give the same speal about how they built the church and it was just the chapel and first and how "all this used to be pastures and farmland, and during sacrament meeting the cows would come stick their heads in and moooooooo" so yeah. Any ways that is tight as bet that you were baptized in Lanikai beach, I miss Kailua.

Mom and Dad and Lisa and Mike Happy Aniversarry!!!!!!!!!
Kristin Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Miller I was so excited when I heard you are getting your mission call, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lorie, thank you for the email from Alex. I thought it was funny how he said all the kids in the MTC think he is hilarious (it becauze he is).

Yes, mom I did get the cookies and Chex mix, I love you too.

I will try to get you guys your christmas cards soon but because of the fore mentioned crazy situation they might be weeks/months late.

Oh, Rob I got your Package, it is the awesomest thing ever! Malo aupito!
Ofa Atu
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment