Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rob

Dear fam & friend folk,
G'day. How ya goin? thanks for the emails. Mum i just got your package today with the garments in them that i needed badly and the notes from people; and i look forward to getting my late/early Christmas package from John. Thankyou heaps. I opened it and was like Woah! How did she know i needed garments?! I guess Moms have a nack for that 'eh?
Thank you Max, Andrew and Sara B for the notes and pictures! I loved 'em!
Mark i got your post card from Seattle. How long are you there for? How have things been going for you. Dont get to trunky for me; I'm in no hurry to come home. Tell Alli and the rest of the crew (the ones who are still there) that i say whats up.
Dad just a quick question, before i forget, with the Utah Utes going to the Pac 10 what does that mean for our "Holy War" rivalry and annual games? Just wondering. Any big BYU news lately? Let me know.
Today i got to go to the Brizzy temple for the first time since the end of last september! Thats almost 10 months! I've missed going so much! It was the most wonderful experience to get to finally go again this morning and feel the presence of the God Head there. I was also reminded of alot of stuff that i had forgot! I Love the Temple! There is such a Pure feeling inside! I encourage everyone who reads this to go within the next week if possible! Its 'Da Best!' Matt how often do you get to go to the temple and how many temples are in Hawaii and which one do you go to... or do you get to go to it? Do you get to go to the re-dedication of the La'ie temple coming up?
Matt it was cool to hear about your 'windows of heaven' experience that you had. My companion E. Thunot(2NO) said he would be down for doing that. I always get so many good ideas for doing missionary work in your emails. Good on ya for being so creative mate. Good luck with that lady you found on your way home from your whole day of tracting. Its allways the last door isnt it? How was Bowling on Pday? I havent been bowling on my mission yet.
Matt your 3 on 3 bball tournament sounded sweet as bro! You have to send me a copy of one of your flyers or attatch it to one of your emails. Has mum been sending you my emails? I realized today that i've been sending them to your old email address. So im sending it to your new one now so hopefully the sending wont come back as "FAILED" anymore.
Matt i cant believe you've been listening to that "something like a star" CD. I gave up on that CD while i was yet in the MTC. We have heaps of good missionary music in our flat. I was going to make some mixes today of some music i got from former companions on my flash drive, but this email might take up all my time. Matt what was the story about the senior couple in Travis' mission and in which Ensign was it in?
Travis, if you get this email - My companion E. Thunot from Tahiti Knows the senior couple in your mission the Benetts, from Tahiti.
Matt i'll have to send you one of my little missionary shirt Cards so you can use it as a reference to learn how to fold 'em. They're pretty easy; and work mirracles with members as thankyou cards and what not. What part of NZ is your stake patriarch from? You should ask him what other areas he served in on his mission. That is so cool to hear that he opened up the Redcliffe area to missionary work! E. Simpson eh? I'll have to ask the old ladys in the ward if they know the name. Matt - the picture attatchments you sent in your 'ALOHA' email a few weeks back failed and i got your descriptions of the pictures, but no actual pictures.
Mum and Dad, it sounds like you guys had an enjoyable 4th of July. Thats good to hear. Dad you be careful as up there on those high windows, ya hear? I dont want another Christmas light fall to happen to you!...Sis. Robins - "i'll get ready to call an ambulance". Just be careful. So did they build a new helaman halls or something or are they just doing a renovation and clean or what?
How come John and Sierra got to march in the 4th of July Parade? Did they do a jet fly by? How are all my nieces and nephews doing? are they keeping busy this summer? Its winter here but it was still really hot yesterday for some reason!
Mum, could you send me a copy of the talk you gave at Nan Rookhuyzens funeral?
Mum, you did send me a MoTab CD but i accidentally left it in the CD player in Rocky. I've had the opportunity to meet our new mission president Pres. Langeland on a few occasions now at zone conferences and ZL councils. He is a cool guy. We all loved President Richards ALOT! But that love and support will now transfer to Pres. Langeland. He has great goals to help improve the work in the mission and i look forward to seeing these Mirracles occur in the not so distant future. Just 3 days after we received a training from him we have committed two of our investigators to baptism and now they both have Baptisimal Dates! One is an old bloke named Peter. The other a Lady named Ivonne in her late 40s who is a friend of our recent convert Troy. Pray for them!
E. Ramsay if you get these... I got your letter! Thanks heaps! I'll work on hitting you back soon. I also got the letter from the Stobbes with all of Scoty's MTC emails in it! I have a letter written i just have to send off to him! Im so proud of that kid!
Matt how did it go with the Fella who called yous up out of the blue and said he wanted to get baptized?
I was just wondering about Branden May the other day. I couldnt remember if he had come home yet or not. Tell him i say hello! Im so glad to hear about how much hes grown and matured as a missionary! As you do.
Mum, good on ya for sending the Elders over to see Pop Rookhuyzen. Let me know how that goes. You'll have to FOLLOW UP with those missioanaries!
You guys got released from your sunday school calling allready?? Did the kids get the best of you? I remember our class went through a few teachers when we were that age. Haha. The Empty Nesters Reps!?? Dad i asked you before i left if you would start going to those empty nester nights when we left... and you said "im not THAT old yet" Haha. Dont get Old when im on my mission. You better still be able to school me in Basketball and in an arm wrestle when i get home.
Thanks again for the garments mum. Good luck with the work and i am praying that you will find more.
Branden May sounds like the man. Well i have to go. Sorry this is so long. My time is up. I love you all. And i love the Temple! Everyone should go this week!
Thanks for all your love and support. I will send pictures next week. Love, Elder Prina. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment