Aloha,
Things are going well here in Kauai. It seems easy to invite people to be baptized here. They always say yes. It's just they're not always serious. We have 5 with baptismal dates right now. From now on I'm not going to use our investigators names as much in my emails. One of our investigators called us today and said he entered his name in a search engine and Prinaprofile popped up. He said it kinda freaked him out to see us talking about him on the internet, I think it turned him off a little bit. So thank you for always praying for our investigators and stuff but I will be more careful about using their names in my emails from now on. We had 4 investigators watch conference with us on Sunday, one even came to the Priesthood session. He felt out of place because he was the only one not wearing a tie, so that night he went to Walmart, bought 2 white shirts, 3 ties, a pair of church shoes, and gel to use in his hair. He showed up at 6 the next morning to watch the first Sunday session live.
I love hearing about all the things you guys are doing. Mom and Dad you always sound so busy and that is good, just remember what Pres. Uchtdorf said: your personal worth is not measured by the length of your to do list! I think that was my favorite talk in conference, I love Pres. Uchdorf. Madison, the girl that just got baptized, came with her mom, Sam, to conference on Sunday. Madison is only 10 so I was trying to think of something she could do to keep her attention. I remembered when Rob and I were little, sitting behind the missionaries at the stake center and trying to pay attention. I think it was Elder Epperson, him and his companion made this little game for us where every time they said a word like "atonement" or "faith" or "holy ghost" we marked down a tally and then we got a candy for every five tallies or something. So I made like the same exact thing for maddison and it worked really good.
Mom: You asked about my glasses, I'm pretty sure I told you when it happened but I lost them like my first week on my mission. We went out to eat after General Priesthood session and one of the other elders asked if they could try on my glasses so I let him put them on and started eating. Apparently he put them back on my tray with out me noticing. When I got home that night I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses so I called him and asked him what he did with them. He said he gave them back to me. So it was too late to drive all the way back to the restaurant like 30 min away and dig through their rubbish. Don't worry about it though my eye sight is just fine. Also mom, I just ran out of pages in my "missionary journal" so I need a new one. I know there was like 2 or 3 unused journals that were given to me as gifts sitting on my tall book shelf in my room when I left. Can you please send me all of them? Also Mom and Dad I have to thank you again for the camera, it's sooooo nice, everyone's jealous of it, I will take good care of it and send you lots of awesome pictures. Sorry my email is late this week, we had an all day meeting yesterday.
Scot and Debbie: Thanks so much for the letters and all of Scoty's emails! They mean alot to me! Before I got them I was on an exchange in the Kapa'a 1st ward (there's two kapa'a wards now, plus the Hanalei branch) with a greeny. Neither of us knew the area so we were just driving around visiting members and potential investigators. I had heard the name Ornellas before when I was in Oahu (it's a really big name in the islands), so I said "lets go visit the Ornellas family". When we got there we talked to the dad for a minute and then the daughter Chelsey came out and started talking to us. We asked if we could share a quick message before we left. So I opened up my scriptures and right before I started to read she says "do you have brothers?", I was like what? ...um yeah, I have two. Then she goes "is one of them married to a Stobbe?". Then I smiled and said yes, and she smiled and started yelling, Oh my gosh! I don't believe it! I didn't even realize you guys lived in kauai, she said you guys lived right up the street from them. She said she had gotten in touch with Summer through face book just a couple days ago and was looking at pictures of your family. I guess some how she saw pictures of John and Sierra and somehow remembered the name Prina (probably because of the name of sierra's blogg). We talked for about 15 min. before we got back to the spiritual message. She said she used to hang out with the girls all the time. She said to tell you the Ornellas family says hi. I am serving in the Lihue ward. We live in a little house right next to the huge gym, next to the chapel. Next time I see President Gonzalves I'll have to tell him you say hi. My companion says he knows the Raymonds, I guess they live in our ward now kind of by harbor mall. He said they got offended by a church member and they want nothing to do with the church now. Maybe you guys can write them and tell them to start meeting with the missionaries because I'm here now.
Rob: My recent convert Mike Brett will be heading for Australia soon, I can't remember if you already did but can you send me your address and phone number so he can come say hi when he's there? Did you get my package with the super old tape?
I have a strong testimony that the church is true. The mission can be hard some times but that is what makes it the happiest time of my life. My testimony of the power the Book of Mormon has grown and I know that Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God. I have seen many miracles on my mission of which I am very grateful for. I can truly stand as a witness and state as Joseph did "I knew it, and I knew that God Knew it, and I could not deny It!"
Love,
Elder Prina
Ps: I got a letter from Andrea written to Rob but addressed to me. Rob, did you get one for me? I can't believe my nephews and nieces are in high school and going to drivers ed! Like, I'm pretty sure their lying to me, I really don't believe it. because I'm pretty sure Blake Jr. was just running around in a diaper, waving his plastic sword around saying "cush" "cush" "cush"!
Goodbye Trondheim
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment