Tuesday, October 5, 2010

G'day everyone Oct. 3,2010

And tell me, that these two men would enter the presence of their eternal God quoting from, and finding solace in: A BOOK
Which if NOT the very Word of God would brand them as impostors and charlatans until the end of time.
THEY WOULD NOT DO THAT........................................................ They were willing to die; rather than deny the eternal truthfulness and the Divine authenticity of THE BOOK OF MORMON!
Sorry about that, just one of those Jeffrey R. Holland tangents I get off on occasionally.
This morning I finished the 1st book of Nephi and was thoroughly puzzled by the 1st two Isaiah chapters in the Book of Mormon, but luckily it confused Laman and Lemuel too and Nephi explains it to them in the next chapter. So I just put my self in the crowd with Laman and Lemuel listening to Nephi explain what Isaiah was talking about. Now I understand it!
I have come to have an intimate love and appreciation for the Book Of Mormon on my mission. All my questions have been answered as to why we have it. Every time we teach people and they ask a question of the passages from the book are brought to my remembrance by the Power of the Holy Ghost, just when I need them. I am able to answer there question confidently using the scriptures that we are so blessed to have. Mum, Dad, Matt, and Kristin thanks heaps for the emails. Its good to hear from yous, eh.
We have a member who owns his own Chiropractic practice across the street from our flat, and we did him a favor last week; so he said he would adjust my back for me since I still have back pain every once in a while. So I went in this morning and got that all fixed up. It was so nice!
Scot and Debbie thanks for faithfully sending Scotys emails each week. Those are so nice to get. I also loved reading your letters. They lift me up and boost my self esteem.
Matt, thanks for hitting me up with the ice cream sundae lesson! I want to use that with a few people. Kristin it was good to hear from you, and i look forward to the letter and photos, when you find the time. I'm glad that Syd liked the photos of the Crocs. Its gonna be so wierd how she didn't even talk at all when I left and now shes using words like "enormous". I guess her parents have a very enormous vocabulary. Haha.

I miss the Polizzi family so much. They are such a good family. Mario gave the lesson in Priesthood the week after I left and he was really nervous about it, but I'm sure he did a great job. I wish I could have been there for it.
Dad, did the chiropractor mess up something with my eyes this morning or did I actually read that you have "Lost interest in BYU football" this season?? I don't believe that one minute, but that's good that you have so much time to spend with your family and posterity (roasting Mallows with kyler) and at the temple. Cleaning the temple.. that sounds like a sweet as job! How did you score that!?
I wish i was going to get some of Val's grape juice! She makes the best grape juice ever! Stuff Welch's! I look forward to assisting you in reaping the benefits of the garden when I get home! All this talk of fresh grapes, tomatoes and pears is making my mouth water! MMMMMM I'm looking forward to that. Grapes are so blimin' expensive here that we cant really afford to buy them. So I buy bananas every week instead.
I'm looking forward to watching Gen. Conference next week because we get the DVDs sent over a week late over here and we'll watch them at the stake center next week. I'm so excited for that! Full on Revelation!
Mum, my allergy's haven't really been bothering me 'cause its summer here, but thanks for asking. I'll pray for yours to get better. Who's in your book club? What are you reading now? That is cool that you scanned all those old photo albums. That is a really cool idea. Its good to always be busy.
I heard from Fiona and Junior this week. She just had another baby at the end of Last month. She sent me some cute photos of the girls. They live in Deception bay (well Rothwell, the next suburb over), so I missed seeing them while i was back up in Redcliffe. But hopefully I can see them get sealed in the temple before i come home.
My companion E. Lester was real sick yesterday so we had to stay home from church (for the 1st time on my mission) but luckily we got one of the Priests and his Dad to come administer unto us. It was different being on the receiving end of the administration while we were flat bound. It reminded me of when us and Scoty and Lincoln would take the sacrament to people in their homes, or in the hospital after church. You get the best feeling after that kind of service.
Mum, if anyone is still looking for Birthday Prezz ideas I would really appreciate some speed stick deodorant. They only sell spray deodorants over here and they make my skin burn. Lisa sent me my favorite kind for Christmas last year, but that ran out while I was in Rocky. So some speed stick would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the letter Shari Ramsay, if your reading this. Sounds like your like me and can't decide what you wanna do when you "grow up". Just do what you love. "Just do what your heart tells you.... Thats what i do.." - Napoleon Dynamite. Haha.
I love you all and hope you have a lovely day. Peace.
Love, Elder Prina

PS. Enjoy the photos! (Jesus loves DGK all day - i found that in a local skate shop and the manager gave the sticker to me for free!)

No comments:

Post a Comment