Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's something un-predictable but in the end its tight; A mission is the time of your life!

; A mission is the time of your life!

Today was transfers. E. Lester got transferred to another zone to be a junior zone leader with Elder England, one of my good mates in the mission who was in my MTC District. They will do great together. I was starting to really like Elder Lester, a lot of the members have commented on how we worked so well together and how unified we were. I'll miss him. I'm now with a missionary named Elder Christianson from Oregon. He came out the transfer after me; so hes only 6 weeks behind me. He was in my district when i was up in Rocky. Hes pretty cool. We'll see how he goes. After transfers everyone went and played touch in the rain and got filthy mudy. except me. I just read letters and stuff.
Andrea thanks for the letter, Matt thanks for the sweet package, I also got a letter from Kylee Hayter the girl that got baptized up in Rocky, so that was cool, and a package from E. Paki who is up north right now. Thanks for the love everyone. Ya Matt, my letter from Ange was addressed to me but it had your name on it. and it came with a dunski little picture of Jilly bill. I loved it!
Matt, you've got bad luck with cameras dude! Maybe you just weren't meant to have mission memories, it just wasn't meant to be. The DGK sticker was sweet as, eh? Its actually a Del Parson painting, not Greg Olsen. I doubt DJK got permission, that might be why the manager just gave it to us for free so we wouldn't sue him or something, haha.

Yea, about that 15th/summit ward Boating Trip mishap, can someone please spill the details on that, that sounds like a big deal. How did the boat just sink??

What concert did John and Sierra go to? I miss Kyler and Ellie So much! Thanks heaps again for all the photos of her.
Happy Birthday Easton! are you like 2? Everyone's growing up so fast. Audrey in Drivers Ed? I don't believe. you'll have to let me know how that goes. Maybe when i get home Audrey can drive me home from the airport.... after we go to in and out...
Dad, I know what you mean with the whole gloom and doom thing. Thanks for the insights and such, and Mum, thanks for your testimony of the Atonement.
Just a cool experience,one of many, that I've had lately. We got to General Conference at the stake center, a bit early this past Sunday, and they were just finishing up the mission prep class that they hold at the stake center every Sunday morning. We sat by two of the prospective elders during conference: an Aussie kid from our ward and a Samoan kid from another ward. The kid from our ward Doug knight (Dougy) went out to get something from his car, and he found that the parking break on it had given way, the car had rolled down the parking lot and hit a curb, and it wouldn't start. He came backed a bit panicky, because its, not his car, its his older brothers. We were just sharing experiences before that about answers to our prayers, like when we lose stuff we need to find. They Samoan young man said to Dougy "just pray about it". Doug is an 18 yr old boy that I have helped to return to activity since i have been in the area and he has come a long way, a really long way. It touched me when he demonstrated his simple faith and said 'yeah, I can pray' ; and said a simple prayer right there in the pew, before the meeting started. Both the boys got up during the opening hymn and went out to the parking lot. When they came back their demeanor had changed and Dougy had a big smile on his face. It started! he said. E. Lester and the Samoan young man suggested that he pray and thank the Lord for answering his prayer. Again, he bowed his head right there in the middle of the chapel and said a simple prayer in his heart to show his gratitude to the Lord. One of the greatest lesson I learned from General Conf. was from his simple faith. I'll never forget that. I know the gospel is real and that the Lord answers our prayers.

Kelly got baptized by her boy friend Hans Gilgen last Thursday and it was one of the best baptisms I've attended. I was privileged to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirm her a member of the church. I'm sorry i didn't write everything I needed too, but i have to go.
MOM - please forward these to Matt! all the ones he hasn't got. It doesn't work when i send them to him for some reason, even when I use the correct email addy.
Love you all,
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment