Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Somebody help me, I'm being Spontaneous!"

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Good day family and friends,
How are you this fine day? Mum, i appreciated the Email. Please don't talk about the snow on the mountains; i want to go snowboarding soo bad! I'm sure it's beautiful.
Happy Birthday MAX! Hope you enjoy it! Are you doing something special on your special day? What did you get for your Birthday? I still remember the day you were born, back in Detroit. You went from being Marilyn to being David Maxwell just like that. Haha. You're 9 now, eh? Don't grow up too fast, i would give anything to be 9 again! Enjoy your youth! Every day is a new adventure!
How was Angel's Night and Halloween for everyone? Did anyone do anything for 'Angels' night? What did everyone do for Halloween? John & Sierra, what did you dress up as? You have to send me some photos of your costumes.
As i mentioned last year, Halloween is a fairly new thing over on this side of the sphere. There are still a lot of old members who are against it. It was interesting to see the reaction of some members as this year the Mudgeeraba ward had its first ever Halloween ward activity.
..."Well when i was a stake president in Sydney i tried to put a stop to it.. I don't think it goes along with the standards of The Church. I don't see why the church just goes along with it..." RahRahRah Buncha party poopers i reckon. O well, more lollys for us believers in the "American tradition".
The Ward activities coordinators asked me what we would do for Halloween activities back home. So i introduced the Trunk or treat, bobbing for apples, cake walk, and several other games to the Mudgee ward for the 1st time. The Trunk of Treat was a huge success and we had a lot of less actives and non members show up. There was also a child of record baptism just before the Ward Activity so it was good to have our investigators the Pagels, come early for that. The Pagels went all out decorating their car and actually won the award for Best Decorated Vehicle. (they invited us to be the judges for costumes and vehicles). It was a lot of fun for the whole ward and a great opportunity for people to bring their nonmember friends so they can see we are just normal people... well, almost normal.
The work has been slow this week and we are struggling to get people to hold appointments. But we have a few part member families we have made some head way with. Violet, Craig, Jesse, and William didn't come on Saturday or to church yesterday. We will visit them again soon; please pray for them. Also please pray for the Prasad Family we will begin teaching Brother Prasad's nonmember wife (Annie) and 9 year old Daughter (Zinia) on Saturday.
Our 2 recent converts Hilita and Kelly are going really well and are soaking up everything we teach and they learn at church. They are both even excited to do family history and temple work. Hilita's real Dad is coming down from Brisbane next week to come to church with her for the 2nd time and we are teaching him a lesson after wards. She also offered to take us out to dinner after the lesson for my Birthday, but i explained to her that we don't eat out on Sunday (I swear we taught her about that already, haha).
Matt-did you get my information to Mike Brett? I'd love to visit with him. Just for his information the Chapel I go to is actually on Caloola st. Not Kaloola st. Matt, what are you doing for your Birthday?
My companion and I, Elder Christensen, are getting along great, and the active members love us. I'm just concerned right now about finding new people to teach, so keep us in your prayers in that regard.
I greatly appreciate all of your prayers and see them answered through our many 'tender mercies' of the Lord.
Mum, my Birthday Package arrived safely. Did you check out www.missioncards.com?? it would really be nice to have something that i could give to the people i have a chance to work with on my mission to remember me and be able to keep in touch with me. ;)
Many thanks to the Jensens and Johnsons for the sacred funds (CA$H FLOW) I have received from them for my birthday.
That is interesting that you mentioned Stan Manning. I was just thinking about him like 2 or 3 days ago and how he was such a great home teaching companion, and i really enjoyed going out visiting with him. I also was thinking about him Saturday at the Halloween activity because there was a person there making Balloon animals and stuff. I was thinking "i reckon Bro. Manning could show her up"
Say Hello to Bro. Lyon, Freeze, Chamberlain, and the Lee family from Aussie land for me. Oh and tell Mike Stewart whats up for me too. He is the coolest guy. We need more young mens leaders like Stewert. Tell him i said that. Oh, and my companion, Elder Christensen, from Portland Oregon, Says hello to everyone.
Did Kyler or Ellie get dressed up this year for Halloween? Did the 'Summit' Ward have a trunk or treat this year?
Tell Elder Derrek Stobbe I say Hello and Congrats on enduring to the End and returning honorably. Which ward did he speak in? how was his talk?
Well, sorry this is getting a bit long, and my time is up. I want you all to know that my testimony continues to grow in individual gospel principles and this week my testimony had definitely grown in the power of fasting and paying fast offerings. I guarantee that the Lords promise that he will pour us out a blessing greater than we can receive is certainly true. You don't have to worry about me too much Mum, and Dad; I am well taken care of by the Ward and even more, by the Lord.
Love ya mates!
-Elder R.A.Prina
Enjoy the photos of the Mudgee Ward trunk or treat

No comments:

Post a Comment