Wednesday, October 27, 2010

G'day mates, Elder Prina here, on the Gold Coast.
Hows it Going?
Matt I'm glad to hear you used to plate and hammer lesson from Thor Wixom. I'll have to try that sometime. We have a plate and a hammer in the flat...
Mum, we don't really have any investigators right now. But we have a few promising potentials. We have taught this Fijian family twice and they fed us both times, and they have a 19 year old kid named William living with them. He is going to come to the Ward Halloween activity this weekend, and then we are going to try to start teaching him in a members home.
Matt, I took your "windows of Heaven" approach this last Saturday, because our teaching pool has dried up. We got a few good return appointments and met a few interesting people (Pentecostal guy).
Dad, it was cool to hear about our cousin Lisa in Italy! How old is she? Tell him that next time he emails her to tell her that the Elder Prina Twins on the other side of the planet say whats up, and congrats on the success! I'm so jealous that she gets to teach Non-member Prina's. Shes serving in Venice!!! I always wanted to go there!
Matt to answer some of your queries: I usually eat toast or cold cereal for breakfast (there is a very limited variety of cold cereal) I like sultana bran crunch or 'Frosties' (which is the same things as Raisin Bran Crunch, and Frosted flakes, respectivley). When I have a bit more time (almost never) I will make some scrambled eggs. As far as morning exercise I start with my back stretches from the physio. Then some times we go running. Other than that I do push ups sit ups and dips and stuff. Nothing fancy... why, what do you do? I've been hovering around 85 kilos my whole mission which is about 180 IBS, but I haven't been on a scale in over 3 months, and my guess is I've lost weight in this area, since we're pretty much a full time biking area.
Matt thanks for the photo of Madi Long's Baptism! Thats a mean tie you've got on in that picture! Matt we just went to Pizza hut this week too, when we didn't have a dinner apt. Its actually the 1st time I've been in Australia. haha. That "BIG New Yorker" sounds sooo good! The large Pizzas here are like a small back home! "I don't want to sound Jealous or anything... But I'm completely Jealous..." (- Mark.) Haha.
Congratulations on the Baptisms of Malie, Sam, and Madison Long! Sounds like the work is taking off over there! Go Hard!
Dad this Pentecostal guy that we tracted into and invited us in to teach him says that when we knocked on his door he was emailing his only Mormon relative (his dad's cousin) Who's name is Lamont Wells. He said that he was "pretty high up in the Mormon church in Utah" I know Wells is a common name in the church, but I was just wondering if you could look him up to see If Lamont Wells is like a general authority or something. This guy - Ronny, invited us to come to the Gold coast Pentacostle church on sunday, the "surf city Church" in Surfers Paradise. Its just outside of our area so we told the Isle of Capri missionaries that they were invited to go.
Thank you Sister Aldous for sending me Travi's Email. That's so funny that his comp. is the bloke from Isle of Capri ward. That is the Ward just north of me what are the chances??!
Dad you should send me some pictures of those expensive Nike basketball shoes yous said you bought at the beginning of the year. Are you playing ball much lately? I've been craving basketball lately, because no one really plays down here, everyone just plays footie.
I want to give a very BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To: Elder Travis Aldous and to Anna Jensen! I wish you the happiest day on your Birthday. Andrea, thanks heaps for the birthday money!! Its the end of the month, so i had to spend a bit of it on bread and milk today, but i still have most of it, so I'll put it towards something special:)
Give Kyler and Ellie big squeezes for me John and Sierra!
We've been really busy lately and there is a lot of potential in this area; just keep praying for us.
We went to the temple this morning, that's why Pday is on Wednesday this week.
I am enjoying my mission to the fullest measure through the ups and the downs, and my testimony only continues to grow stronger when the wind blows harder. I learn so much each day, and from every one I meet.
I know the Church Is True. What else matters. Have you shared your testimony with some one lately?
Love,
Elder Prina.
Photos: before and after pictures from our all day of tracting, and creepy doll we found while tracting. A small kangaroo. And the G.C. Zone at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment