Monday, February 8, 2010

I hope they call me on a mission.‏

I hope they call me on a mission.‏
I hope I gain a pound or two. Mon 2/08/10
Malo e lelei,
Hey everyone I don't care if you read my emails or not. I remember when our cousins would send us those long emails from their mission and I was like yeah right I'm gonna read this. I know you guys have lives and kids and stuff and that is more important.

I did want to thank Mom and the Miller family though for sending me that story from Mikes talk, I just remember it being really cool.

Just a little update on me, this Wednesday is transfers but Elder Unga and I will both be staying in the Piilani ward. We have a baptism this coming Sunday (Shad'e Tonga), she is awesome and is so willing to change her life. Let me know if you guys want pictures of anyone. Other than that we don't have any other progressing investigators right now. I'm learning that you can only do so much to help people and encourage them but in the end it is up to them whether they will change or not. You come to love people so much on your mission that you just wish you could make them change but God gave them their agency so they have to make that choice for themselves.
I bore my testimony in Tongan again yesterday in sacrament meeting, all the members can't believe how fluently I am starting to be able to speak. One of the reasons I try to bear my testimony every month is so that the members will realize that I actually can speak Tongan so they'll speak it more to me when I see them during the week, so I can learn even more. I've been here in Maui for 4.5 months now and I have learned so much. When I found out I was staying I knelt down and thanked God for another 6 weeks in a Tongan ward, who knows how long they'll keep me in the Tongan wards but hopefully my whole mission. I promised the Lord that this will be the best six weeks of my mission for letting me stay.

Mom, thanks for letting me know about Tyler. We had so much fun with him, I can't wait till we hang out again,"alrighty then". Yes, Mom I still wear my retainer every night. Thank you for putting our names on the prayer list, yes we are seeing the blessings from it everyday.

About getting a new Job, I think that would be a good Idea. Mom, you have plenty of skills and I think you'd be surprised what you might end up doing, you've had so many different jobs in your life and lots of experience. Dad you too, your so smart and good at organizing and planning. If you guys put a little effort into it you could for sure find a decent job that doesn't compromise your health and strength.

Elder Unga says HI too, he and I are getting along well and it is cool that we can talk about stuff and no one else knows what we're talking about. He said James Tidwell still hasn't gone on his mission so if you see him working at Days tell him Elder Prina and Elder Unga say hi and encourage him.
Mom, yesterday was fast Sunday and during priesthood meeting I started to get the familiar Sunday afternoon craving for Prina tacos. We never have any thing like that in the Tongan ward. It's okay I love the Tongan ward.
I'm actually thinking about opening up a Tongan restaurant in Utah when I get home called "Kai pe ke Mate!" (eat till you die---a common Tongan saying) Did you know there are more Tongans in Utah than there are in Hawaii?
Also I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Tucker last Friday, to Andrea Nelson this Saturday and to Andrea Jensen Sunday.
Sorry this was so long, I love you all and I look forward to my 1 year mark in ten days!!!!!!! See you in a year!!!!
Ofa atu
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment