Monday, February 1, 2010

We are still in Rocky‏

HI there,
Its Elder Prina again... your son, little brother, twin, friend, cousin, Missionary.
Its been an excellent week. Tomorrow is transfers and Elder Paki and I are both staying here in Rocky!
Some of you have asked about the food here. Some things they eat in Australia are gross - like Vegemite, Pumpkin (they just eat pumpkin for dinner), Beet root (beets), and mushy peas (mashed up peas). But some stuff is alright like Pavlova (very sugary desert pie things), meat pies, prawns (shrimp), fish and chips, lady finger bananas, and Bowen Mangos.
You just have to use wisdom and order in all things when setting up feeds (dinners). I have become "exceedingly expert" at setting up tea appointments (dinners) like the daughter of Jared in Ether 8:8.
I've eaten Crocodile Ribs marinated in Nandos Peri-Peri sauce, Kangaroo meat tacos, Kangaroo steak, passion fruit, horse, and heaps of other cool stuff.
JOHN - just wondering... I never got that package that you sent me for Christmas... I think it had a t-shirt and some stuff in it... When did you send it? and how did you send It? (i.e. Air mail, slow boat,etc.)? it would be great if you could get back to me about that 'cause I'm trying to figure out why its not here yet.
Matt I'm excited to get your letter and I'll send you letters, pictures, and that tape when i receive and reply to your letter.
Sierra, I was just wondering if you could send over some tootsie pops (the suckers) and some peanut butter m n'm s for this young couple the Swanns in our Branch. They remind me of you guys.
I have the same question as Matt... does any one even read these things anymore?? we don't get much response. haha.
Things have been going really well with the work here. We had 8 Investigators at church yesterday, that is including the Polizzi family which has 5 investigators in it. That is pretty good considering the most investigators I've ever had at church in one week on my mission is 2. We had a new investigator this week. We have one baptismal date with Kylee Hayter. We are getting ready to set dates with Mario Polizzi's wife and kids (Mario is an Italian guy that moved up here from Melbourne who has not been to church in over 30 years... his wife and kids are not members... he kind of reminds me of you dad. hes in his early 50s). We also are getting close to Baptisms with: Matt Pope (Popey) and his buddy from work Neal. The ward has been helping out more with the work lately its great to see.
Its been hot and humid here lately, but it was a bit cooler yesterday because we had a big rain storm.
Mom and dad I should be sending you a letter this week with pictures of my belt and with a memory stick with pictures on it.
Thank you sister Aldous for keeping me updated with Travis, it sounds like he is doing lovely. 38 investigators at church!... and I thought 8 was good.
Matt congratulations again on all the new investigators and recent converts at that fireside!
Matt how much do you weigh? I've been stuck right at 85 kilos for my whole mission pretty much, I'm trying to remember how many pounds that is. 187 pounds! wow that sounds like a lot. I think I want to stay right here. We are starting to get fed more by the members up here though.

Matt I day dream about snowboarding a lot too. There are mountains here in Rockhampton. I just look at them and imagine them covered in perfect powder.
John have you been snowboarding at all this season? Scoty? Has anyone gone skiing or boarding this season?
Matt I miss the temple too. I don't get to go until I go back down to Brisbane which might not be till the end of April. That is awesome to hear about Austin Collie going to the Super Bowl!! Has he been a good contribution at all? Does he get much playing time??
I want every one that I enjoy every day here in Australia. Every day I thank the Lord that I was called here. Its such a great place. Way better than Hawaii. HAHA!
I know that what I do makes other Happy, what else could I ask for? I'm so grateful that I've been given a whole 2 years to do just that. I LOVE IT!
I love all of you. In know that the temple is where we all want to be and I hope to see all of you there some day. BET!
Ofa atu Love, Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment