Monday, February 22, 2010

super powers‏

Good morning everyone and ALOHA!
ALOHA!(you have to say it back). All is well here in Maui. I have a few updates. First of all I got bit by a spider last week during a lesson. I didn't want to say anything about it at first but then my arm started hurting real bad and the pain shot up into my arm pit and my arm started getting all wrinkly and soggy around the site of the bite, I went to the doctor just to make sure I wasn't going to die. I had to come back in two hours to see a Doctor. He looked at it with a little light and said I would be fine. I asked him when I would get my super spider powers but he said he's never run in to anything like that.

Since the Baptism of Shad'e we haven't really had a lot going on investigator wise. Iolani got baptized in November and her mom got baptized in December, now we are just working on Iolani's older sister Lisa. I know deep down she is just as sweet and humble as her sister and her mom but she is taking a bit longer because she has been hardened by the world. Last week we started her on the 15 steps program to help her quit smoking. The night we presented the program was a miracle in our eyes because we weren't super prepared (I have never used the program before), she never will say "yes" to a commitment invitation (only maybe, or I'll try), and when it came down to it we weren't sure if she REALLY wanted to quit. However every commitment we extended she said yes to and she said the closing prayer (first time since I met her in November). unfortunately she cracked two days in to the seven day program. But we went over that night with the fellow shippers and worked it out and re-committed her to every step. We had to re-start the 7 days but she will be done this Friday and we will throw a party for her and comit her to be baptized! Please pray for her to overcome her temptation.

Mom/John, I need new memory sticks. The kind that go in my camera aren't sold anymore so either you can go to DI and look for more or I might need a new camera. I'm back on the disposables for the time being.
Count your blessings Rob.

I think it would be cool if you gave the tape to the Ungas. You guys should make friends while we're gone and then when we come back we can all have a big Tongan feast. We had some good food last night for dinner. Fish head, ota (raw fish) and fried fish with ufi (yam) and otai. mmmmmmmmmmmm. Mom, I'm gonna have to teach you to make ota when I get home, Its soooo good.
Rob, What about AVA? I didn't hear anything about it? It sounds like you're working hard and being obedient, keep up the good work. You have a tape coming soon.
Dad, thanks for the updates, I really appreciate it. Elder Lejohn says hi. I cant wait to hear what happens with sdsu nm and Utah. Go Jimmer!
Fakamalo atu ho'o ta mai. 'Oku ou ofa fanongo kau ho ngaahi mo'ui. 'Oku ou Iloi 'oku ou fai he ngaue 'a e eiki pea 'oku ou ofa minite kotoa 'a e ia.
(Thank you for your emails, I love hearing about your lives. I know I am doing the lords work and I love every minute of it).
Shall we not go on in so great a cause!
Ofa atu
Elder Prina

No comments:

Post a Comment