Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami coming to the Hawaiian Islands

This morning at 10:30 I was out walking with my walking buddy Chantale when my phone rang and it was Matt. He asked me if I had heard about the tsunami that was to hit the Hawaiian Islands.

I said, “yes, that I had been praying for him.”
His mission President asked each Elder to call their Mom and tell her they were on top of a mountain, half an hour inland and they had brought everything that they didn’t want to get wet. The wave is coming toward the other side of the island of Maui. So hopefully they will not get too much wind, rain and waves.

Chantale’s son Travis is serving in Madagascar, she was shocked that Matt was able to call home. She said, “well that was a nice surprise!”

I think Matt will see this as an opportunity to talk to a captive audience and teach repentance and baptism.

An hour latter I heard on the news that the wave isn’t expected to hit until late tonight. I hope they thought to bring some food with them.
Stay tuned for his email on Monday.


Mom/Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment